Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Upcoming Races

Wow! GRR is right around the corner! Training can't completely prepare you for the experience- the intensity of the comraderie, the heat, the excitement of the race and all the other teams- I'm so excited for you all! Have Fun!

Since I can't be with you at GRR, I'm hoping we can participate together in some local races coming up this fall. Dick Beardsley's for one, I didn't think I would be able to run, but now I have decided that the shoe show can wait a few hours. I'm looking for a partner in the relay-anyone interested?

Another event coming up October 18 is the "Step Out Walk to Fight Diabetes". This is more of a walk than a run, so it would be a great family event. There is no entry fee, and no set distance. You walk/run for 30 minutes, either inside or outside. There will be breakfast, door prizes, and Games Galore. I plan to nordic walk the event. I would like to invite you all to join me in supporting this worthy cause. To learn more, or to join the team, check out the team website at http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=team&fr_id=5392&team_id=320172

Looking ahead to December, the Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis is December 6 this year. The entry fee is $25, and they ask you to raise $100 to get the "official hat". I know we've run this in the past, but I thought it might be fun this year to actually form a W.H.O.R. team, dress up, and really be a presence at this fun race. What do you think? Is this an event that we want to support?


Benita

3 comments:

Leah Swedboston said...

I'd be game for both. But right now, it's too far out to tell where I will be. If i am around, I'd love to do something as a group.

Pink Miles said...

Don't forget the Wenzel Duathlon this Saturday night, 6pm at Trollwood. 2 mile run, 15 mile bike, 2 mile run. Really fun - can use whatever bike you have. Tom and I will be helping the Wenzels with traffic control, and they might need a few more volunteers.
Tracy C

Kim said...

I am waiting til after the relay before I sign up for Beardsley. Depends on how beat up I get. I may even decide to do the 5k.